Register to Vote
What are the requirements to be a registered voter in the Virgin Islands?
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be eighteen years of age or turn 18 before the next election
- Must meet the residency requirement
- Not be a convicted felon who has not been discharged or pardoned
- Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Not be registered elsewhere – in any other State or Territory of the United States or in any foreign country or any other election district
What documents are required for registration?
- Birth Certificate or
- Passport (United States) or
- Military Discharge form (DD214) or
- Naturalization Certificate
*Copied documents will not be accepted.
How can I apply to register to vote?
A Student’s Guide to Voting: A six-step process on how to vote, advice for students voting away from home, describes the different types of elections and what to expect on a ballot.