Register to Vote
What are the requirements to be a registered voter in the Virgin Islands?
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be eighteen years of age or turn 18 before the next election
- Must meet the residency requirement
- Not be a convicted felon who has not been discharged or pardoned
- Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Not be registered elsewhere – in any other State or Territory of the United States or in any foreign country or any other election district
What documents are required for registration?
- Birth Certificate or
- Passport (United States) or
- Military Discharge form (DD214) or
- Naturalization Certificate
*Copied documents will not be accepted.
How can I apply to register to vote?
Apply in person at one of the following locations here. You must be registered no later than 30 days prior to an election in which you wish to vote.
A Student’s Guide to Voting: A six-step process on how to vote, advice for students voting away from home, describes the different types of elections and what to expect on a ballot.